We believe that each child has the potential to change the world.
Revel Academy is 21st century learning. We use state-of-the-art learning software, real-world projects, Socratic discussions, and a Hero’s Journey dialogue in a student-driven, multi-age learning studio. We strive to create a safe and nurturing environment where lifelong learning is encouraged and hidden strengths are discovered.
Revel Academy is accredited by the International Association of Learner-Driven Schools and is a member of both the Alliance for Self-Directed Education and the Alternative Education Resource Association.
Learn to learn.
Learn to do.
Learn to be.
To inspire each person who enters Revel Academy to find a calling that will change the world.
At Revel Academy, your child will begin their Hero’s Journey. We will guide your child to discover and use their strengths to seize opportunities and solve meaningful, real-world problems. We encourage all students to be curious, independent, and lifelong learners.
Children will learn to explore the arts, social sciences, technology, and the wonders of the natural world. We will support your young hero and encourage them to uphold the highest standards of excellence.
- Multi-week, narrative-based Quests designed to develop 21st century skills
- Innovative experiential and project-based learning
- Peer-to-peer learning and collaboration in a mixed-age studio
- Socratic discussion to develop critical thinking and communication skills
- Self-directed and self-paced mastery of core skills
- Daily goal setting and reflection
- Arts across disciplines
- Public exhibitions
- Real-time progress tracking
- Measured mastery through earned badges and assembled portfolios
- Empowerment through choice and freedom levels
- Social emotional intelligence development - yoga, mindfulness, respect, and self-awareness
- Guides facilitate growth
- Discover and nurture personal gifts
21st Century Learning
Revel Academy is 21st century learning. We use state-of-the-art learning software, real-world projects, Socratic discussions, and a Hero’s Journey dialogue in a student-driven, multi-age learning studio.
Self-paced mastery of reading, writing, and math skills through deliberate practice and the latest educational technology.
Authentic tools and skills taught through engaging, story-driven narratives, and interdisciplinary projects.
Critical thinking and powerful communication through Socratic discussions about heroes, history, and self-governance.
Learn to be
Discover personal gifts, develop character, and create genuine relationships with others as well as yourself.
- Young heroes celebrate the mastery of tools, skills, and character by earning badges, assembling portfolios, and taking part in public exhibitions.
- Parents use badges to track academic progress across many core skills, disciplines, and character development.
- Electronic and hardcopy portfolios capture rough drafts, photos, video, and other creative work.
- Public exhibitions following Quests allow young heroes to present their work to experts, customers, or the public, for a real-world test.